ISO 27701 is an international standard by ISO (the International organization for Standardization) specifies requirements and provides guidance for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) in the form of an extension to ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 for privacy management within the context of the organization.
This standard specifies PIMS-related requirements and provides guidance for PII controllers and PII processors holding responsibility and accountability for PII processing.
This document is applicable to all types and sizes of organizations, including public and private companies, government entities and not-for-profit organizations, which are PII controllers and/or PII processors processing PII within an ISMS.
The benefits for ISO 27701 Certification are:
- Endorse Organization commitment on Safeguarding of all critical business information’s, Personal Information’s, & Assets for improved business management
- Management of Privacy Compliances & Data Protection Regulations
- Transparency and confidence among stakeholders, customers, community, employees and the authorities
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation
- Advantage over business competitors
Visit following sections for more information’s on next step for getting certified from INTERCERT