ISO 22301 is an international standard by ISO (the International organization for Standardization) specifies requirements to implement, maintain and improve a management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of the occurrence of, prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptions when they arise.
The ISO 22301 requirements are generic and intended to be applicable to all organizations, or parts thereof, regardless of type, size and nature of the organization. The extent of application of these requirements depends on the organization's operating environment and complexity. ISO 22301 is applicable to all types and sizes of organizations that:
- implement, maintain and improve a BCMS;
- seek to ensure conformity with stated business continuity policy;
- need to be able to continue to deliver products and services at an acceptable predefined capacity during a disruption;
- seek to enhance their resilience through the effective application of the BCMS.
The benefits for ISO 22301 Certification are:
- Endorse Organization commitment on ensuring continuity of business operations in case of disruption and providing the products & services in any circumstances
- Endorse Organization commitment to safeguard its reputation, assets, revenue & profits resulting the lower cost for business insurances
- Confidence among stakeholders, customers, community, employees and the authorities for legal and compliance requirements
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation
- Advantage over business competitors
Visit following sections for more information’s on next step for getting certified from INTERCERT