The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge. The organization dealing with protected health information shall maintain physical, network, and process security for HIPAA Compliance.
HIPPA is applicable for organizations (including vendors / subcontractors) having access to patient information and providing healthcare, treatment, payment, and support functions in healthcare. Other entities, such as subcontractors and any other related business associates must also be in compliance.
HIPAA Compliance Roadmap
- Scope Definition (Applicability & Access of PHI Data, Coverage & Agreement with third parties)
- GAP Analysis and Risk Assessment
- HIPAA Policies & Procedures Implementation
- Close Technical, Physical, Administrative Gaps
- HIPAA Training
- HIPAA Assessment and Reporting
Visit following sections for more information’s on next step for getting certified from INTERCERT