ISO 45001:2018 is an international standard by ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) used by organizations that want to reduce /manage the risks related to occupational health and safety at workplace by implementation and certification of occupational health and safety management system.
In any organization, employees and other stakeholders may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks associated with its activities/processes. ISO 45001 provides framework to assess, monitor& effectively manage the risks, so that the organization can improve performance, promote safety and healthy workplace to ensure a safe working environment, compliance and maintaining a good reputation, and a culture of prevention among employees.
The purpose of an OH&S management system is to provide a framework for managing OH&S risks and opportunities. The aim and intended outcomes of the OH & S management system are to prevent work related injury and ill health to workers and to provide safe & healthy workplaces; consequently, it is critically important for the organization to eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks by taking effective preventive and protective measures.
The benefits of ISO 45001 Certification are:
- Endorse Organization commitment on Occupational Health & Safety by effective OHSAS management system
- Increased customer confidence, the community, employees and the Authorities
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation
- Advantage over business competitors
- Ensures transparency and effectiveness of occupational health and safety management by translating the results of risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc. action plans to minimize the risk of accidents and reduce working costs by the number of days of sick leave due to accidents and illness of employees.
- Helps in identification of hazards that may result from subcontracting activities or in relationships with suppliers, customers and taking appropriate measures to protect them
- Build trust among legal authorities on compliance with applicable legislation;