ISO 20000-1 is an international standard by ISO (the International organization for Standardization) specifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a service management system (SMS). The requirements specified in ISO 20000-1 include the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to meet the service requirements and deliver value. The ISO 20000-1 can be implemented by:
- a customer seeking services and requiring assurance regarding the quality of those services;
- a customer requiring a consistent approach to the service lifecycle by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- an organization to demonstrate its capability for the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services;
- an organization to monitor, measure and review its SMS and the services;
- an organization to improve the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through effective implementation and operation of an SMS;
- an organization or other party performing conformity assessments against the requirements specified in this document;
- a provider of training or advice in service management.
The benefits for ISO 20000-1 Certification are:
- Endorse Organization commitment to ensure international best practices in IT Service Management processes and benchmark managed services & deliveries.
- Increase Productivity with better processes, operating procedures, transparency & accountability in Service Delivery
- Confidence among stakeholders, customers, community, employees and the authorities for legal and compliance requirements
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation
- Advantage over business competitors
Visit following sections for more information’s on next step for getting certified from INTERCERT