ISO 21001 is an international standard by ISO (the International organization for Standardization) specifies requirements for a management system for educational organizations (EOMS) when such an organization:
- Needs to demonstrate its ability to support the acquisition and development of competence through teaching, learning or research;
- AIMS to enhance satisfaction of learners, other beneficiaries and staff through the effective application of its EOMS, including processes for improvement of the system and assurance of conformity to the requirements of learners and other beneficiaries.
All requirements of ISO 21001 are generic and intended to be applicable to any organization that uses a curriculum to support the development of competence through teaching, learning or research, regardless of the type, size or method of delivery.
ISO 21001 can be also applied to educational division within larger organizations whose core business is not education, such as professional training departments.
The benefits for ISO 21001 Certification are
- Ensures better alignment of educational mission, vision, objectives, and action plans
- Inclusive and equitable quality education for all
- Facilitating self-learning and lifelong learning opportunities
- Enabling more personalized learning and effective response to special educational needs
- Consistent processes and evaluation tools to demonstrate and increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Increased credibility of the educational organization
- Recognized means to enable organizations to demonstrate commitment to education management practices in the most effective manner
- Provides a model for improvement
- Harmonization of national standards within an international framework
- Widened participation of interested parties
- Stimulation of excellence and innovation
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation and gives advantage over business competitors
Visit following sections for more information’s on next step for getting certified from INTERCERT