ISO 50001 is an international standard by ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) for the organizations wishing to to enhance its energy performance and implement an Energy Management System in order to demonstrate its stated energy policy by following the systematic approach to achieve continual improvements of energy performance.
ISO 50001specifies requirements applicable to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance
The benefits of ISO 50001 Certification are:
- Endorse Organization commitment on Energy Management by effective energy management system
- Increased customer confidence, the community, employees and the Authorities
- International Recognition of Certification improve organisation image and reputation
- Advantage over business competitors
- Achieve and demonstrate energy performance and reduce costs through more effective use of energy.
- Organisation Cost Savings by effective energy use and consumption
- Demonstrate energy efficiency & compliance
- Reduced environmental impact carbon & GHG Integrate energy management system into business processes
- Facilitates Management Decisions in procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance
- Framework for measure and report energy improvements Improves transparency and communication on the management of energy resources
- System to evaluate and implement new energy efficient technologies
Visit following sections for more information’s on next step for getting certified from INTERCERT