ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System Certification
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&S) is an international standard certification offered by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). ISO 45001:2018 helps create a framework within an organization that can easily be monitored by the overall management.
It is used by organizations around the world primarily to reduce and manage hazards associated with occupational health and safety at the workplace, through the implementation of the certification.
ISO 45001:2018 - An Introduction
ISO 45001:2018 does not state specific criteria or parameters for OH&S performance. It does not prescribe the design of an organization's occupational health and safety management system. Hence, it does not address issues like property damage, product safety, environmental impacts, and workplace safety.
ISO 45001:2018 can be used as a whole certification or parts of it can be applied to improve the organization’s OH&S system. However, organizations must remember that to demonstrate compliance with this certification, they must apply it as a whole.
Applicability of ISO 45001:2018
Any organization irrespective of type, size, and activities can implement an ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety System certification. The certification is applicable to OH&S risks, which are under the organization’s management. It factors into account the context of an organization’s operations and the needs of employees, stakeholders, and interested parties.
Objectives of ISO 45001:2018
ISO 45001:2018 specifies the following objectives for an organization that wishes to implement the certification:
- Help create an occupational health and safety system within an organization or improve an existing one continually.
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment in an organization.
- Improve stakeholder, customer, and employee satisfaction through the Plan-Do-Check-Act model.
- Fulfil legal and other requirements required to implement an OH&S system.
Advantages of ISO 45001:2018
ISO 45001:2018 brings with it the following benefits by revolutionizing the organization’s occupational health and safety system:
- Endorsement of an organization’s commitment towards occupational health & safety through effective Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
- Boosted confidence among stakeholders, customers, the market, authorities, and employees.
- Improved perception of the organization through an internationally-recognized standardization certificate.
- Minimization of accidents and reduction of working costs caused by medical leaves.
- An edge over competitors through minimized workplace losses.
- Identification and removal of hazards that can cause an organization to lose business contracts and dampen supplier relationships.
Sustainable Development Goals
Major problems plague the world and there are a lack of global initiatives that tackle them head-on. To strategize against these issues, the United Nations Organization (UNO) drafted a visionary 15-year scheme in 2015. These are labeled ‘Sustainable Development Goals’ (SDG), and they help implement the directives of UNO against world problems by assimilating their values within the ISO certifications.
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System contributes to the following SDG goals:
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well Being
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 8: Decent Work and economic Growth
- Goal 9: Industry Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
Why Intercert for ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System promotes a completely safe work environment. It provides a host of advantages that help an organization win the trust of employees, stakeholders, and customers.
Your organization can benefit from these advantages as well, if you decide to implement ISO 45001:2018. For that, Intercert can be your exclusive certification and standardization partner. With Intercert, you can leverage the advantage of an impartial and competitive certification process that’s vouched by more than 100 auditors, with over 13+ years of experience.
Our certifications are authorized by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), which is further in a Multilateral Agreement (MLA) with the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC), and the Inter-American Accreditation.