Businesses strive to achieve ISO certification, as it is rewarding for them. It offers several benefits to businesses, such as customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and risk management. However, availing an ISO certification in India can be challenging because your business needs to follow various steps to meet the specific requirements for certification. Furthermore, if your organization adheres to the specific requirements, your customer's trust will increase in your service or products.
ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) is a non-governmental, independent body with a membership of 167 national standards bodies. They don't provide ISO certification, so you must find ISO certification bodies in India, like INTERCERT.
What is ISO Certification?
ISO certification ensures that organizations operate on international standards set by ISO. There are thousands of ISO certifications, offering recognition to businesses that they adhere to specific parameters, such as quality, safety, and efficiency. ISO 9001 (QMS) and ISO 14001 (EMS) are the famous certifications applied by businesses.
Benefits of Applying for ISO Certification in India
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Every industry must align with industry regulations and legal requirements, and businesses must meet these regulations to earn ISO certification. Achieving ISO certification in India or other parts of the world prevents you from legal issues.
Higher Reputation and Credibility
Being certified by ISO certification bodies in India demonstrates that your business is committed to adhering to the global standard, increasing the trust of clients, customers, or partners.
ISO-certified businesses have a competitive advantage over non-certified counterparts. It boosts your clients' confidence, as they understand that you are committed to quality and best practices.
Improved Operational Efficiency
To be ISO certified, businesses need to evaluate and optimize their operating process, leading to a reduction in waste and increased efficiency. It enables high-quality products and services.
Generally, businesses adhere to the best practice to gain certification from ISO certification bodies in India. It leads to a reduction in potential risk and the likelihood of costly incidents.
Employee Morale and Engagement
ISO certification promotes a culture of accountability, transparency, and continuous improvement. This helps employees feel more engaged and motivated when they are part of your organization.
Types of ISO Certification in India
- ISO 9001 (Quality Management System)
- ISO 14001 (Environment Management System)
- ISO 45001(Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management System)
- ISO 37001(Anti Bribery Management System)
- ISO 13485 (Quality Management System for Medical Devices)
- ISO 41001 (Facility Management System)
- ISO 27701(Privacy Information Management System)
- ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System)
- ISO 50001:2018 – Energy Management System (EnMS)
- ISO 22301:2019 – Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- ISO 20000-1:2018 – Information Technology - Service Management System (ITSMS)
- ISO 21001:2018 – Management System for Educational Organizations (EOMS)
Steps to Get an ISO Certification in India
- Choose the relevant ISO standard that suits your organization. However, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 27001 are the common ISO standards
- Conduct a gap analysis to find the scope of improvements
- Choose ISO certification bodies in India like INTERCERT
- Make an application
- Get reviewed by ISO certification bodies in India
- Prepare an action plan
- Onsite inspection of your organization to validate the change.
- Final Certification Audit
- Get ISO certification
ISO certification is a valuable achievement that showcases an organization's commitment to quality, safety, and excellence. It helps to collaborate with experienced consultants and auditors. However, ISO certification is not a one-time process; organizations must continuously adhere to the standards. INTERCERT is one of the ISO certification bodies in India, helping you to get most of the certification.